This afternoon the mister and I hit up the State Fair. To embrace the crowds and the crazy, we decided to spice up our adventure with a little scavenger hunt.
Here are the 25 items that made our list:
1. The best artery clogging food
2. The longest hot dog at the fair
3. A vegetable bigger than your head
4. Someone who clearly attends the fair every day
5. Someone who is holding more food than he/she can really handle
6. An award winning cake/pie
7. An unfortunate tattoo
8. A political booth
9. A newscast filming live
10. A baby animal
11. An award winning animal
12. A freebie you can wear proudly
13. Something that is actually healthy to eat
14. A temper tantrum
15. Something on a stick that isn't food
16. Someone carrying a giant stuffed animal
17. Someone who is way too dressed up
18. Someone sleeping (aka in a food coma)
19. Airbrushed clothing
20. Someone wearing pajamas
21. A couple making out
22. Somewhere to stick your head in and say cheese
23. A couple in matching outfits
24. A fanny pack
25. A little bit of bottom "cleavage"
We nearly checked off our entire list in the few hours we spent at the fair. Surprisingly enough we had the hardest time finding a couple making out (thinking we went too early in the day- not enough drinks to be had yet), and bottom "cleavage". Although, I will admit I saw plenty of bottom "cheeks" poking out of some very underwear-sized shorts along the way.
In all, our hunt kept us entertained, focused and from spending a bunch of unnecessary money too.
Winning all around if you ask me.
Grab a free copy of our hunt by clicking on the image below if you'd like to share in the fun at your State Fair.
Credits: Andrew Zimmern, Scrappin Doodles